Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first library in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. First released in late 2011, I updated this library in February 2014 adding 1.25 GB of samples, mainly from my library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive plus 300 MB of new bell samples.
This library now contains 84 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound warm, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.
Alchemistry Metallurgy Specs:
- 3.07 GB of original samples
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten - multisampled and round robin
- Glockenspiel multisampled 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples / 386,7 MB)
- Vibraphone multisampled, bowed and beaten
- 2 microtonal handheld bell trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures
- 8 Thai Gongs multisampled with up to 8x Round Robin and 4 velocity layers, +texural samples
- Thai Ching Bells - 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers
- Tam Tam 45 cm - beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed with Rubberballs
- Three multisampled singing bowls, 3 velocity layers, 3x round robin and sustained sounds made by rubbing the bowl with the beater
- Tubular Windchimes, up to 70 cm in length
- Various multisampled and textural bells, ship bell, tibetan bells, brass bell, up to 3 velocity layers with 5x round robin
- Bar Chimes
- Waterphone gongs, hitting the bottom of a waterphone with a soft gong beater, 3 velocity layers, 5x round robin
- Various multisampled metal objects:
- caviar cans, metal bowl, coins, dumbbell plate, small thunder sheet, metal plate (dinner tray), anvil, oil barrel
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories
- All samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in
L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit - U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R
- The industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics
Sennheiser MK 70
For Alchemy version 1.50 which was released in Septembre 2012 all presets were tagged so that ths user can browse the presets from this set using keywords and categories.You can view/download the PDF for Metallurgy with more details, the licence agreement, some pics and the patch list including playing tips and description for each patch here.
Library size in total: 3.09 GB
Download size (RAR archive in 3 parts): 1.93 GB
NOTE: This Sound Bank requires the full version of Alchemy.
does not work with the Alchemy player version.
Price: € 46 EUR
Please allow me a few hours to manually process your order and send you the confirmation Email with the download links.